Do I List Malpractice Insurance at Job Worked for 2 Days?

Hello.

I recently worked at a job for 2 days, seeing around 10 patients. I was covered under malpractice insurance at this job. However, this practice was very disorganized and backwards. I decided to leave.

I now have a new job that is requesting previous malpractice coverage. I do not want to draw attention to the fact that I very briefly worked at this job. Would you recommend listing this previous malpractice insurance? Is there any way to check if I was on malpractice insurance in the past...like a national database or something?

Also, I'm not sure how I'm going to explain this to the new employer. I didn't tell him initially because I didn't think there was any point going into it. Now, I'm going to look like a liar. I literally worked there for 2 days and the place was sketchy so I left. Yet, even this is going to follow me around?

I can't even quit a job without BS.

I'm really starting to hate this profession.

Hello.

I recently worked at a job for 2 days, seeing around 10 patients. I was covered under malpractice insurance at this job. However, this practice was very disorganized and backwards. I decided to leave.

I now have a new job that is requesting previous malpractice coverage. I do not want to draw attention to the fact that I very briefly worked at this job. Would you recommend listing this previous malpractice insurance? Is there any way to check if I was on malpractice insurance in the past...like a national database or something?

Not saying what you should do either way, but if you only worked there for 2 days, I don't see how they could find out if you elect not to disclose this information.

I would probably disclose it though, for the sake of integrity.

On a similar topic, how would you handle a short-term job like this on your CV?  I recently resigned from a per-diem position that I only held for less than 6 months, working 1-2 shifts/month.  Since I still worked at my full-time job there would be no gap on my CV if I omitted the position.  I would list the position on a future formal job application or malpractice application, but would it be wrong to omit it from my resume?

The job turned out to be pretty horrible with a constant turnover of providers, and I'd rather not have to explain why my duration was so short. 

Archived