Failed PANCE twice. In major need of help/advice...

Hello all,

Not happy to announce that I've failed twice now but I'm in need of some help so why not create a post?! Here's the long and short: Graduated in Aug and took the PANCE two weeks later, failed, got depressed about it, took a 5-day CME Resources review course in late Oct. Reviewed all that I could in accordance to the blueprint, used Lange Q&A, Davis's PA Review book and the Comprehensive Review book by AAPA and PAEA. Failed second time around, just as bad this past December and am really down in the dumps.

I'm going to try a different approach since I feel like I'm understanding the material, however, having some kind of mental block when it's translated through a question, so I'm going to jot down buzz words from questions and associated the answer to it according to each section from the blueprint. Trying to do a question-based studying approach since I probably could have done more this second time around. I'm going to get a subscription to PAeasy.com for their question bank and try to review as many old packrats that I can find. Anyone know of PA tutors in the Phoenix, AZ area? Are there such a thing. Any other advice would be much appreciated. I cannot keep putting my life on hold like this. I don't get it. I was a solid B student throughout school, did well throughout my rotations, but for some reason I cannot pass this darn standardized exam?! Clearly frustrated and desperate.

Again any help would be great. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I hope this is ok...I'm not a PA, but my husband is. I'm a big reader and researcher, and really am trying to find ways for him to study so he can pass his next attempt. He has failed twice. It is very frustrating for him! I don't necessarily have an answer for you, just know that others are out there. He is an amazing PA: and I'm not just saying that because I'm his wife...he did great in school (graduated with 3.4), as well as during rotations, but is also just having a hard time. his employer and co-workers love him, not to mention the patients! If you come across anything that seems to be helping you, I would love to pass it along to him! We did purchase the flashcards from Mometrix Media so I can help him study more. Hopefully they'll make a difference.

He also took it a few weeks after graduating, took a 3-day review course, and then failed again :(

Good luck to you!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived