Air National Guard PA

Any of my colleagues on this forum associated with the Air National Guard?  I came across their PA job description today:

"With hundreds of thousands of military personnel to service, an Air National Guard Physician’s time is extremely limited. As an Air National Guard Physician Assistant, you're part of a unique team of trained health professionals — professionals working and training part time, getting ready to assist the Armed Forces in time of need. Performing annual training a few weeks a year or on a more prolonged basis if the need arises, you'll play a critical role in making sure you carry more of the physicians' burden, freeing up more of their time so they can focus on essential medical care. Physician Assistants are privileged health care providers who use critical judgment to perform comprehensive health assessments and differential diagnosis, and prescribe treatments in direct management of acute and chronic illness, injury, or disease. In this role, you’ll ensure physicians have all the information they need before seeing a patient."

Carrying the physician's burden so they can focus on essential medical care?  Ensuring the physician has all the information they need before seeing a patient?  I guess it is a little depressing that a major branch of the military views us in this fashion.  Are we medical assistants or physician assistants? Anyone speak to the day-to-day of a ANG PA?  Their website is in sore need of a reboot.  ouch.   PAFT? 

Archived