Medex nw interview

Hi...i recently took the yakima interview for medex nw's yakima site program...36 were interviewed for 20-26 slots..some candidates about 10 heard back immediately after we were told 3-4 weeks....does any know how they got early notice or anything else about this tiered selection process???

I interviewed at Seattle, rather than Yakima, but I believe the process is the same. There are ~40-45 slots and they said they would likely fill 20 from the first session. (Which it kinda doesn't sound like they did as we haven't heard from very many.) Anyhow, they called us at about 2.5 weeks with acceptance offers. I believe those who weren't accepted were sent letters in the mail. From what I understand, there are interview dates in Nov, Dec and Jan. After those, everyone's records will be reviewed and the adcom will make their selections to fill the entire class then. The online A&P course begins March 1st so I have to assume they'd contact everyone NLT February.

After you interview they talk about each person individually. If all members of the committee say yes to you, boom, quick phone call. If all members say no, boom, quick rejection letter. If there is a mix of yes or no, or you are in the maybe pile, they will wait until the second round of Yakima interviews to make the decision. The second round happens early January. If you haven't gotten a letter yet, there is still hope.

• 11 months later...
Hi...i recently took the yakima interview for medex nw's yakima site program...36 were interviewed for 20-26 slots..some candidates about 10 heard back immediately after we were told 3-4 weeks....does any know how they got early notice or anything else about this tiered selection process???

they didn't get an "early" notice. When you are excepted you get called, other than that you will get a letter. My guess is (based on previous experience) that they are done and we are out. See you again next year buddy-

• 2 weeks later...
7 students in my Yakima class were selected from the second interview after we were led to believe that the first interview had it all cinched up. So keep making headway to complete your undergrad so you can apply to more programs next round but don't give up hope until you get your "no" letter.

Steve is totally right. As long as you haven't received the hardcopy in the mail, consider yourself to be in the hunt.

Don't allow yourself to stagnate - seek constant improvement of your personal capabilities and fund of knowledge. I think five or six in our class (I'm the same year as Steve, different site) were interviewed in Seattle in January. If you are not offered admission, call the program office sometime around Feb-May and ask to talk with someone about some specific points of improvement so you can generate a concrete plan of action. Think long term: whether you ultimately attend PA school or not, a bachelor's degree makes you a more attractive candidate for just about anything. Finally, don't let the "Negative Nancys" get to you. This is a public forum and ANYONE can read what you have to say. :heheh:

Happy Holidays!

Archived