E-reader/tablet for texts

Anybody using a Kindle or iPad for electronic versions of their text books? How is that working out for you? Pros? Cons? Traveling for rotations makes hauling a bunch of books a little difficult. Couple that with inadequate access to texts through the library access points and things just don't look appealing.

In theory, electronic books would seem to be a great idea. I'm just wondering if those who've tried this have felt the same way after actually going this route.

Thanks.

I just started PA school this September and purchased my iPad2 then so I have not been using it for long. So far I love it! My pathophys book is available through the VitalSource app and works quite well. It is great to be able to search the book for content, I can also highlight and make notes which are also searchable, and you can go to a specific page that correlates with the print book. I have noticed some strange things that the books do from time to time but i have been able to easily work around these small quirks. It looks like a lot of the medical reference books and text books that I will need in the future are available though Vitalsource. I also have the kindle app on the iPad and I have been really impressed with the electronic version of Netters. I love my iPad even more when I see the massive size and weight of the pathophys book my other classmates are lugging around! So far I have no regrets I have even started typing my notes on my iPad during class just using the onscreen keyboard. I highly recommend the iPad2 for school.

Archived