Air Force Job Training

The 4Ns (Medical Technicians) have many facets in the medical community for AF. However, if you are asking for the best hands-on for medical training, you may want to consider looking into the Navy for their Independent Navy Corpsman program. I've seen many AF Medics tossed around in different clinics (it's not necessarily a bad thing), but Corpsman might be the only medic at a site and that by far is as "hands-on" as you can get for an enlisted member.

I agree the 4N AFSC is probably the best the AF can do. The only problem I see with most of the medics now is the lack of skills utilization. After graduation from tech school they are pumped up and ready to work. Soon they are sent to a clinic, push paper and do BP's and that great education is slowly sucked from them. This leaves many of them very frustrated. Those who go on to be IDMT's have a similiar story and again it's tragic. Anyway just my 2 cents.

Archived