PANCE prep. books

Hi,

I am retaking PANCE, Can anybody suggest supporting book other than aapa approved "comprehensive review".

I heard a lot about USMLE step 2 CK being used by some. any suggestions/ experience out of kaplan or first aid book which one is better.

Thanks everybody for thier suggestions.

Hi,

I am retaking PANCE, Can anybody suggest supporting book other than aapa approved "comprehensive review".

I heard a lot about USMLE step 2 CK being used by some. any suggestions/ experience out of kaplan or first aid book which one is better.

Thanks everybody for thier suggestions.

Thanks a lot, i took jim van rhee's online kaplan course and the course notes are similar to the book.

Yeah, i don't like AAPA book either but all muy seniors and fellow classmates who passed the exam highly recommended it.

Anyways, thanks for your input.

Thanks a lot, i took jim van rhee's online kaplan course and the course notes are similar to the book.

Yeah, i don't like AAPA book either but all muy seniors and fellow classmates who passed the exam highly recommended it.

Anyways, thanks for your input.

• 2 weeks later...

i took kaplan course before first attempt. He was really good but what all he tells in the course, i believe everything is in his book too with additional 2 practice tests which are not offered in kaplan course.

So, I won't recommend kaplan online review course. few of my classmates took chicago course, and they highly recommnded it.

So, i am going to take it before my next attempt.

I just took the 3 day "Chicago course" -- it was excellent!!! Before you go there they send you a 400Q pretest which you submit the first day. Before each lecture, rapid review questions are done where you have 30 seconds to answer (approx 10-15/lecture) which are reviewed at the end of the day. During the conference you are also given a 300Q post-test which is to be submitted the morning of the last day. You get to keep the pre/post test but are not allowed access to the rapid fire questions ... so out of 1000 questions, you keep 700 to review. It was intense, fast paced and exhausting but very good. Better than the 5 day/week long course.

Archived