Timeline from PANCE till 100% PA-C!!

So I've been offered a job at my last clinical rotation and the doctor I've been working with has some questions about the timeline from the time of the PANCE till the time where the strings can be cut loose. Will someone please lay it out for me and answer the next few questions so I can give my doctor a good idea on when I'll be able to start working. I take the PANCE on Aug 22.

1. After I pass the PANCE and don't have state licensure yet, can I still see my own patients as long as everything (Scripts and Notes) is signed off by my Doctor?

2. How long does it take to get licensed in AZ after I pass the PANCE?

3. How long from the time a get license till the time I can get a DEA number?

4. After the PANCE, License and DEA #. I'm home free right? ;) or am I missing anything?

Thanks,

Brandon from Arizona

So I've been offered a job at my last clinical rotation and the doctor I've been working with has some questions about the timeline from the time of the PANCE till the time where the strings can be cut loose. Will someone please lay it out for me and answer the next few questions so I can give my doctor a good idea on when I'll be able to start working. I take the PANCE on Aug 22.

1. After I pass the PANCE and don't have state licensure yet, can I still see my own patients as long as everything (Scripts and Notes) is signed off by my Doctor?

2. How long does it take to get licensed in AZ after I pass the PANCE?

3. How long from the time a get license till the time I can get a DEA number?

4. After the PANCE, License and DEA #. I'm home free right? ;) or am I missing anything?

Thanks,

Brandon from Arizona

1. Unless Arizona has a provisional licensing structure, you have no legal authority to work as a PA until you are certified by NCCPA and licensed by the state.

2. I will defer that, I have no knowledge of the turnaround time for AZ.

3. DEA usually takes about three weeks to get approved. Cost last time I looked was $551.00.

Addendum: provisional licensing is covered here:

http://www.aapa.org/advocacy-and-practice-resources/state-government-and-licensing/licensingbeginning-practice/541-practice-prior-to-nccpa-temporary-licensure#AZ

4. You will need your own NPI number and be registered for PECOS. NPI can be obtained instantly on line.

1. Unless Arizona has a provisional licensing structure, you have no legal authority to work as a PA until you are certified by NCCPA and licensed by the state.

2. I will defer that, I have no knowledge of the turnaround time for AZ.

3. DEA usually takes about three weeks to get approved. Cost last time I looked was $551.00.

Addendum: provisional licensing is covered here:

http://www.aapa.org/advocacy-and-practice-resources/state-government-and-licensing/licensingbeginning-practice/541-practice-prior-to-nccpa-temporary-licensure#AZ

4. You will need your own NPI number and be registered for PECOS. NPI can be obtained instantly on line.

Archived