Student Health Insurance

• 2 years later...

It varies greatly with the school and the state. I would guess that very few cover dental or vision. Some cover perscriptions, some don't, some cover them for an additional fee. (and unless you are on multiple brand-name maintenance meds, it is probably going to be cheaper to sign up for one of the CVS/Walgreens/Target discount generic programs) Most that I have seen cover a percentage of ER/UC and some office visits, usually with the stipulation that the services aren't avaliable at the student health center. Your school should have some info on its website or you should be able to call the student health center to get specifics.

It varies greatly with the school and the state. I would guess that very few cover dental or vision. Some cover perscriptions, some don't, some cover them for an additional fee. (and unless you are on multiple brand-name maintenance meds, it is probably going to be cheaper to sign up for one of the CVS/Walgreens/Target discount generic programs) Most that I have seen cover a percentage of ER/UC and some office visits, usually with the stipulation that the services aren't avaliable at the student health center. Your school should have some info on its website or you should be able to call the student health center to get specifics.

Archived