Trouble with PANCE studying motivation?

I am taking the PANCE next week and have very little motivation to study! I just finished my progam a few weeks ago and have been doing about 2-3 hours per day of studying.  Right now it's just about 100 Rosh review questions per day.  I usually review the feedback from each question and will go on to do some other reading on the topic if I still have questions.  Beyond that, any attempts I make are pretty useless.

I am generally a pretty good test taker - I did well on the packrats 157 and 173 for years 1 and 2, but I did struggle a bit with the EORs, getting mid 70s to low 80s.

Anyone have any useful studying tactics to make it more interesting?  Is anyone else having the same trouble as me???

Focus your study --- don't just study "everything".   almost 30% of your test is CV and pulm -- so that should be your focus.

What does everyone ignore?   EENT  which is 30 Q's and could be the difference between PASS and FAIL.

DO NOT study the coag cascade --- relearn acid-base --- or spend time trying to relearn reading ECG's.  

Study the DRUGS --- Cardio drugs, Asthma acute and chronic mgmt. meds, antimicrobials, psych/neuro drugs  --- almost 20% of your test will be drugs.

So have a plan -- your PACKRAT scores are superb -- so you will pass --- but in the meantime, with the time left -- just focus.  Just doing random Q's does not help improve your score.

The very best of luck to you!   (You should have no problem at all :)

Archived