Needed: Dermatology rotation in VA, DC area

• 8 months later...

I'm currently on my 4th rotation as a PA student at the Medical University of South Carolina and looking to move to the DC area when I graduate. I was wondering if you ever found a preceptor to work with for a rotation? I have an elective rotation this summer and would really REALLY love if I could get one in the area. Any advice or information you could offer would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

TSI

I'm currently on my 4th rotation as a PA student at the Medical University of South Carolina and looking to move to the DC area when I graduate. I was wondering if you ever found a preceptor to work with for a rotation? I have an elective rotation this summer and would really REALLY love if I could get one in the area. Any advice or information you could offer would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

TSI

keep this in mind all of you!!!! we all have a responsibility to move the field forward and that means set up rotations for pa students--i cannot imagine a dermatologist not doing it. Also no lunch for any pa student in hospitals-- remember dermatology is the very few fields in medicine you an make a patient feel good and that is different than felling better --as pa in clinics you will do tons of derm--learn as much as possible--if necessary jsut call up a derma nd ask if he/she would take you on as student--do all eh work before you call.--dont expect anyone other than yourself to do this.

peter

keep this in mind all of you!!!! we all have a responsibility to move the field forward and that means set up rotations for pa students--i cannot imagine a dermatologist not doing it. Also no lunch for any pa student in hospitals-- remember dermatology is the very few fields in medicine you an make a patient feel good and that is different than felling better --as pa in clinics you will do tons of derm--learn as much as possible--if necessary jsut call up a derma nd ask if he/she would take you on as student--do all eh work before you call.--dont expect anyone other than yourself to do this.

peter

Archived