Job interview

I will be graduating from PA school here in a couple months and have a job interview in a couple of weeks. I am very excited and am hoping any PA-C's or PA-S's who have been through the interview process could give me a glimpse of what to expect. For me, I've found just being myself and being honest has worked for me in past interviews (such as the PA school interview) and I do have an idea on the typical interview questions what I would use to answer, but I don't put too much effort into this because you just never know which standard questions they will ask. I also am making a list of questions that I would like to ask them about their group and the position as well.

A big question I was wondering is how you should handle the salary/benefits/CME situation should it arise. I will also be going to the other thread about contract negotiations, so don't feel obligate to respond to this if you do not feel like it.

I'm really looking forward to the interview as it is in the field that I am most interested in. I have a couple of other offers on the table already that they just flat out offered me the spots for after rotating with them, so it is nice to have backup plans, but landing this job would be a pleasure because I know I'd enjoy it and get a lot out of it. Thanks for any input and advice any of you have.

It will almost never come up in the first interview. If it does you can always go to the AAPA, they have a list of that info. We should also have it here but you might have to dig for it. The usual starting salary for a new grad can be anywhere from 73-80, more for surgical specialties, on call. If you google medical job interview tips there is a lot of info there too. Good luck.

A big question I was wondering is how you should handle the salary/benefits/CME situation should it arise. I will also be going to the other thread about contract negotiations, so don't feel obligate to respond to this if you do not feel like it.

If brought up, or if your on a follow up interview, you could ask about their "compensation package." That sounds a little better I think.

The best advice I've received is to treat these interviews as an interview of the hospital/practice themselves. Is this a place I want to work as a new grad? Will I have a mentor/attending or colleague support? What type of orientation to the position is there?

Archived