PA in Colorado

All-

I am looking at a job prospect in Central Colorado in ER medicine, and am looking for anyone on here who is currently/ recently employed in the state that can answer a few questions for me. It would be a move for me from Northern California, and I am looking for info on clinical atmosphere, social climate, ect.. Plus, just what is it like out there? It looks fantastic!

J

I am a 2nd year PA student in the Denver/Boulder area. I am currently doing my clinical rotations (in Grand Junction right now). I think that CO would be a great place to work. The clinical atmosphere varies depending on the type of environment you are in. I did a rotation at an ER just outside Denver where the PAs had a great deal of autonomy and were very well respected by the docs. As far as the social climate, it depends on where you are. The frontrange offers pretty much anything you could ever want. It is really difficult for PAs to find employment in this area b/c there are two programs turning out 60 students a year and it is such an amazing place to live. The compitition is steep and the salaries reflect that.

Hope this helps, good luck!

Archived