Newbie, majoring in PA, I need some info.. HELP

Hello,

My name is Marco, I recently joined the forum. I am in the Air Force, I'm enlisted and I 'm stationed in Dyess AFB (Abilene) Texas.

I've been going to school since I joined but I decided to change majors, I was going into business, I thought about it and I dont really like to deal with graphs and I'm not good at it. So I finally thought about it again and I rather be helping people, I'm a really nice person, I love to help people (which I don't think many do) my hand-writing is really bad, kinda like a Doctor :P

Well before I start, I have 33 credits so far from schooling, plus the ones in the military which I don't think many school accept.

I need a starting point, where to begin, on which classes I need to take in order for me to become a Physician Assistant, which school to attend to and what is it that I get a Bachelors or a Masters, how long does it take to become a PA?

I am really confuse about what classes I need and what is that I'm geting, a Masters or Bachelors, I've read that I need to go into a Bachelors in Health and then become a Physician Assistant? how long will this take?

Now the school is confusing at this point and it gets more confusing because I don't know which school to attend to!

I can only be a part-time student and the schools (colleges) here (Abilene, Tx) do not have any PA programs or health programs and the semesters are 5 months long! and I can only take 2 classes and I have no clue if I can take online classes to finish all the pre-req.

Please I really need a good start, I would like to know how to begin, I am really wanting to finish my education.

Which classes should I take to become a Physician Assistant, where should I enroll too and how long do they take?

Any help will be really appreciate it, thank you!

• 3 months later...

Archived