Please help!!!

In my experience, being a Kinesiology major, I have found it a little more challenging. Not because the degree is looked down upon but simply because the Kinesiology program didn't require much upper level science courses, just the basic core science like A&P, chem, bio, physics and a few psych classes along with the eng, hist and all that jazz. I had to go back and take Micro, patho (depending on the school your applying to) med term and so on. I don't think schools necessarily look heavily on specific degrees, however pre-med and biology majors will more than likely take care of the courses required for application and beyond in some cases. If I could do it over again I would go pre-med or major in Bio and take some of the elective courses that would strengthen my appy. Try not to shoot for the minimum, this may cause a bump in the road and result in you scrambling to take the extra coursework (like myself). This will not only benefit you at appy time but also prepare you better for the PA program ahead.

Perhaps you could talk with an advisor at the programs your looking in to, explain your situation.. they may be able to provide you with some direction.

thank you for your input guys...Im actually considering a pre-med program at charles drew university, but if i cant get in then ill just major in health sciences and take the harder science classes as my electives. Im hoping my HCE with kaiser will help me get into PA programs if i do chose the health science major.

Archived