Neuro-surgical PA job description

Ah yes, I have, it was my first google search returned.

I shadowed a surgical PA and got to see his role in GI surgery (appendectomy). He mentioned briefly neuro-surgery to me and that a large amount of time is spent under a microscope. I am wondering what the actual surgery is like, what the PA's role consists of, and also the PA's role pre and post op. Thanks for the link though I will go through again and see if I can find something more useful.

I don't know my left from my right half the time so I may be way off base but it seems to me the questions you have would see to be based on a particular SP and what they are looking for in their PA. From what I know in my limited exposure, the scope of practice for the PA is based on a relationship of trust with the SP. I have a friend of mine who is a neuro PA in Tucson AZ and I'll drop him a note to see if he wouldn't mind me sharing his email with you via a private message. No promises but I figure it can't hurt to ask.

Archived