Loan Forgiveness for Pennsylvania PA's

Anyone else read about this new bill proposed for Pennsylvania PA's?? Senate Bill 1206 synopsis:

"This legislation would provide loan forgiveness for applicants enrolled at schools in Pennsylvania to become licensed physician assistants or for applicants who graduated from schools in Pennsylvania from January 1, 2008, and are currently employed as licensed physician assistants.  In order to receive loan forgiveness, the applicant must agree to work in the Commonwealth for at least seven years commencing upon the applicants acceptance into the loan forgiveness program."

It goes on to say it will repay up to 50% or $50,000 of your loans! Is this too good to be true?

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/CFDOCS/billInfo/billInfo.cfm?syear=2013&sInd=0&body=S&type=B&bn=1204

Guest Paula

I got a loan repayment from Wisconsin for working in an underserved area.  My contract was for three years and it paid back 75% of my loan.  By the end of my 3 years I was debt free.  

So it is not too good to be true.  The seven year commitment seems long though. 

Archived