Ft Bragg, Womack Clinicals, Housing Request

I am in need of short term housing for my family of 3 (2 adults, 1 child, 1 medium well-behaved dog).  I will be conducting multiple clinical rotations at Womack Army Hospital on Ft Bragg, NC for approximately five months (March-July, 2015) and would like to rent a low cost dwelling for my family and I.  Thank you.  I look forward to hearing from anyone that may have a lead.

2 LT Kevin E. Ferrell, MSO

PA-S, EMT-P

Western Michigan University

Physician Assistant Program

517-898-7718

kevin.e.ferrell@gmail.com

Hi Kevin,

I worked at Bragg for a few years. I'm not so sure about short-term stays, but I might check with house rental agencies that understand your situation. Off the top of my head some nicer residential areas (re: not ghetto) are in Hope Mills, Raeford Rd (north Fay), and Raeford (different town). Southern Pines is a nice little town with some military presence, good if you're willing to drive ~30-45 minutes (a straightforward drive, not as bad as it sounds) to Womack but you're likely to get more for your rent money there. It's also next to Pinehurst, if your family is into golf.

There are some apartments with great advertising that will boast being close to post, gated etc., with 6-month leases but definitely see what others have had to say regarding the price/incidents/management.

May I ask what branch you're in? Good luck!

Versas,

Thanks for the reply.  I am in the Michigan Army National Guard.  The plan is to return to active duty Army upon graduation.  The only problem I am running into right now, is that I cannot enter into a contract and be called "active" until six month prior to graduation.  At the earliest. 

• 4 weeks later...

I own a house on the Hope Mills/Fayetteville border ~30 mins from post. It is an 1,800sq ft. 4 bedroom, 2 bath, 2 car garage house with a fenced yard. It is currently rented, but my tenant will be due to PCS before the time frame that you are needing housing. If you don't find anything in that time, shoot me a line and if my place is open we'll see if it'll work.

• 3 months later...

Archived