PANRE focused exam; which one should I pick?

Hi,

I am up for the PANRE recertification exam. I need advice as which focus exam I should pick. I primarily work with adults at correctional centers and occupational health. I see very few pediatrics cases. Should I pick Adult Medicine? Does that topic covers internist cases, or ICU cases? I have no experience in the ICU.

Does the primary care focus exam has pediatric cases?

Thank you.

I suggest the primary care PANRE. Just took my PANRE. I work in Internal Medicine , adult population. The questions for pediatrics were those that you would not need to work in Peds to answer correctly. Know your GI diseases , Urology diseases, Cardio , and Pulmonary diseases for Peds. ie steeple sign is indicative of ?, when to refer to a urologist with common uro abnormalities, Know your pediatric murmurs. Know croup, hyaline membrane disease. A few questions in ortho. ie the hip dysplasia type problems. I went to CME recources for a 5 day review, and they go thru these and review really well. Alos suggest Hippo PA, which is online lectures that you can watch at home at your convenience.  Good luck, just prepare for the test in a systemic pattern.  Joanne

Archived