Primary Care Preceptor in the Sacramento Area?

Ha that's pretty funny rcdavis! Yes I am a UC Davis student. Roseville or even Woodland could be do-able. I am currently at a site in which the preceptor has made it clear she hates her job and isn't interested in teaching. I am doing more secretary work than seeing patients. I would really just love the opportunity to learn because unfortunately I'm not learning much at all right now. Any help is much appreciated.

There's a "free clinic" in West Sacramento, I can't remember the name, but they were often flooded with Stanford PA students doing rotations there. Give them a shout. After that, there's a number of urgent cares that would be good for that as well. There's an urgent care in Elk Grove, again can't remember the name, but the owner doc's work at Sutter Gen/Memorial's ER. Easy clinic to work at and the patient count is somewhere around 60-100 per day.

Okay, so I've been thinking about this more:

- Kaiser Hospitals (Vallejo, Vacaville, South Sac, Roseville, Elk Grove and other 'clinics')

- Sutter Hospitals (Memorial and General)

- CHW/Mercy

- VA Hospital at Mather AFB

- Might be able to do something at Travis AFB (who knows?)

- Reno isn't far away either

- There are a ton of urgent care clinics between Davis to Rocklin/Folsom

- Planned parenthood in downtown Sac

http://www.capitolhealthnetwork.org/

Good luck.

Archived