Tablet users, ipad or another tablet (surface rt, samsung etc.)

I've been wanting to get a tablet(w.keyboard) since its so much more convenient than my netbook.

question is, which one?

personally i hate the apple products(iphone, ipad) because it has one button vs other tablets plus its overpriced, but should i overlook this?

what has worked for you and what do you use?

I love my ipad mini!! fits in pocket, awesome apps, NEVER have to worry about crashing/messing up, I have my notes synced on there to One Note and I can pull those up whenever. It will come in super handy on rotations to look for meds, google stuff etc. i know its pricy but worth the price for long run. you'll be using it when you practice professionally as well. Unless you have an iphone that you can work with for now.

I used an iPad through the didactic year, and I think something like a surface rt would have made things easier. The biggest problem I've found with the iPad is its lack of "hard" file storage (non-cloud). Also you can run apps AND desktop on a surface, which allows u to use MS office (apple's pages & keynote are inadequate, comparatively). As far as clinicals is concerned, a mini or an iPhone may be easier, but that's merely speculation.

Archived