Anyone work for the military (as a civilian)?

I am considering a job change from the ED to a civilian with the military. I do like my job, but the benefits aren't great and it's unstable. So I applied for a position, which has taken months, and given a preliminary offer. The cons are: much lower salary(even after a renegotiation) and basically not knowing if I'll like it (and the contract is initially for 2 yrs). Anyone here work on a military base and do you like it?

I am considering a job change from the ED to a civilian with the military. I do like my job, but the benefits aren't great and it's unstable. So I applied for a position, which has taken months, and given a preliminary offer. The cons are: much lower salary(even after a renegotiation) and basically not knowing if I'll like it (and the contract is initially for 2 yrs). Anyone here work on a military base and do you like it?

I'm recently separated active duty Air Force so I know a lot about this.

What branch? Which base? Do you have a family? Will you be a federal employee (GS) or a contractor?

Would you mind sharing what's the overall package they are offering as well?

Thanks.

Archived