Medical Assistant for just 5 months

I have a unique situation where I want/need to find a MA job for just 5-6 months after I graduate college before I move back home and can find something more permanent. Has anyone ever worked at a clinic for just 5-6 months before leaving? Are clinics willingly to hire a student for just that long?  Any thoughts on this situation is much appreciated! I've heard of some people worked a couple months like this but they agreed to get paid less. (which I am willingly to do since something is better than nothing)

thanks for reading

I mean, you could always apply and be vague about an end date if you think they're turning you down for your end date. 5-6 months is a decently long period of time, not like 8 weeks of a summer or something. Then, when you've got to move, put in your 2 weeks or 1 month notice.

Most employers want longer than 5-6 months. Most wouldn't be willing to train you for a few weeks just so you would leave that soon. However if they're desperate and/or have high staff turnover, then they may be OK with 5-6 months. Agreeing to a pay cut can help as well. I work in a large office that has high staff turnover since most of the MAs are young and end up leaving within 2 years. 

You could also just not tell them that you only want to work 5-6 months. 

You could also just not tell them that you only want to work 5-6 months. 

They'll probably ask though. The best I can do without straight up lying is just being vague about it like enpears said and just say I'm not exactly sure. Plus, if I find a new job they might contact my old one for references. idk 

Archived