University of Detroit Mercy Class of 2014!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went to an informational meeting last month where they said about 60-70 interviews are granted and there are 50 seats. About 10 of these seats are given to students in the 5 year program. Which leaves 40 seats for the interviewed 6 0-70 people. These seats are divided between the 2 and 3 year programs.

I'm guessing we might start finding out towards the end of next week.

I also heard that they decelerated quite a few people this year (from the 2 year program to the 3 year) in an effort to uphold the standards of the program. This means there are about 6 fewer seats, for the 2 year program at least, than there normally are. I'm not sure if it will affect those going for the 3 year program.

So has anyone heard anything yet? From what I understand, a lot of folks who applied last year did not hear whether or not they were accepted until like Friday April 14th; right up to the last minute. I imagine this application cycle would be not different, but just wondering if anyone has received a phone call, e-mail, or anything?

Willheam---I have not heard anything and reading posts from those who interviewed last year it would seem that it was down to the wire. I was told by the interview committee that we would be contacted by phone by April 15th, which is a Sunday, so I assume that we will hear by the end of the week. I am hoping that we will hear sooner because the anxiety is tough. However, some of previous year's posts stated they were notified by mail that they were accepted. Good luck to all and hopefully we will know soon.

Thanks ljmanders - It seems that we will indeed hear right at the last minute. It eases my mind a bit to know that no one else has heard anything either; but it's definitely been a nerve racking month!! The waiting to see if I get a phone call for an interview, and now the waiting to see if I'm extended an invitation for the program. But there's nothing to do but sit patiently as possible and wait.

It is extemely difficult, and each time my phone rings or email pops up my stomach sinks, could this be the call! But I take comfort in knowing that each person who interviewed is going through the same emotions. Hopefuly it won't be much longer until we hear their decision. I will wait patiently also and pray for the best.

Congratulations Willheam!!! I got the call today too!!! 3 year program as well!!! I'm so happy and relieved. I was out but wanted to come home and post too so that I could let you all know and I'm hoping you all will get the call too!!! This forum has been like a support group for me the last couple months!!!

Crystaltide - yes I got into the 3 year program like I wanted. I still need to earn some income for as long as I can during school and have two small children that still need to see me from time to time :smile: That's hy I chose the three year program.

ljmanders & seemen I guess I'll be meeting you this fall sometime - I agree that this forum has definitely helped me a bit knowing there's others out there also just an anxious, nervous, etc. as I was.

Rylie - thanks for the invitation in terms of asking questions. Luckily I had a 3-year student greet me and answer many of my questions before the interview. My mind is just spinning so much now with excitement, it will probably hit me in a few days what questions I really didn't get answered so thanks again for the offer.

Hey guys

Congrats to all of you who got in. I was invited for the 3 year program. Looking forward to meeting all of you soon. For students that did not get in, keep your head up. Make sure to find out why you did not get accepted and reapply next year. I got rejected last year and did many things that put me in the position to get accepted this year. Good luck to all.

Archived