Wrong. Each school has its own policies. i.e. Nova in Florida allows grade forgiveness, I was looking for others that followed same policy.

Weird. I applied to all 4 campuses via CASPA a couple years ago, and grade forgiveness was never mentioned by any of them. Maybe their policy changed, and they want more application/secondary fee income.

- current NSU PA-S

• 2 years later...

This is way after the fact, but in response to people like CJAdmission and generalfluff who insinuate that individuals who have to retake a class are not smart enough, not motivated enough, and their application will not be competitive. Just because someone had to retake a course does not mean they necessarily struggled with the academic aspect of it. When I first started undergrad, I became very ill and was diagnosed with a brain tumor and several other chronic health conditions. I was not able to withdrawal from my courses because prior to Obama, you had to be enrolled in college to stay on your parents medical insurance if you were over age 18. I applied for disability, but the process is very long due to those who try to use and abuse the system. So in order to be able to afford my lifesaving treatment, I stayed enrolled in courses even though I did not attend or complete any coursework, resulting in Fs on my transcript. I retook these courses when I was well (and received As). Just because I had to retake courses does not mean I did not understand the material, was a substandard student, or was lazy. I’m sure there are plenty of others who have had to retake courses due to extenuating circumstances, such as twsurfsnow who lost his or her parents during undergrad.

Yes, the CASPA calculates your GPA. However, not all schools use CASPA.

Archived