Northwestern prerecs

Hi everyone,

After obtaining my B.S. in biology and a masters degree in neurology, I have decided to apply to PA school and I am really interested in Northwestern's program. The only problem is I still have 4 prerecs to complete (I am signed up to take them this coming school year) and their website says you can't have more than 3 outstanding prerecs before applying. I have a competitive GPA and lots of HCE. Has anyone else been in this situation? Do you think if I contacted them about this they would work with me, or should I just wait until next year to apply?

There is no harm in contacting the school; they will be honest with you. However, I they want to see your prereq grades to make sure you are a competitive applicant for the program and to see if you can handle the rigor of PA school sciences. Not having those classes completed may put you at a disadvantage in this year's applicant pool. Best advice is to give them a call and explain your situation.

Archived