First choice school?

I disagree. I applied to a lot of schools and the surgical program at UAB was my number 1. I said it in my supplemental application and again during the interview. While I was rejected from quite a few of those other programs, I was quickly interviewed and accepted at UAB. I made sure that their admissions committee knew that if they selected me, I would commit to them. It definitely paid off and I can't wait to start classes in August!

I talked to the admissions director of my first choice school last year. They didn't have a supplemental app, but she told me to write a letter of interest about their program and they would put it in my file. I put that I was the most interested in their program, but I also highlighted what made the program stand out to me and how I would be an asset. I got in and will start this summer. I don't think marking that a school is your first choice is a bad thing at all.

Archived