Waitlisted and Reapplying ?

I am on a waitlist for a PA program that starts mid-August and am considered "high" on the alternate list. I can't depend on getting in, so I have to prepare to reapply. I am just waiting on finishing up a class and an LOR, but I am not sure how long to wait before I send out my applications because there is still a chance. I am going to submit my application before first deadline occurs for the programs I am applying to, but also the longer I wait, the less chance I have at getting an interview next cycle. I am not sure where the balance is between waiting to hear the final decision and spending a couple hundred dollars to reapply..... For those of you who have been in a situation where you were on a waitlist, how long did you wait before you reapplied?

I'm in the same position as you are. I'm waitlisted plus I have an interview coming up in July from last year's app (the school interviews late, they start in January). I spent the money and put in a bunch of apps for the current cycle. Someone very wise on this board (probably Timon) said you need to go forward assuming you won't get in. If you do, great. If not you'll kick yourself for not applying early this cycle.

Archived