Studying for the PANCE and using Exam Master question bank. ADVICE?

I used exam master questions (primarily) to study for the PANCE. In the beginning (early clinical year) I got about 40% correct. By the end (approaching graduation) I considered a 60% a good score. The week between graduation and the PANCE I took 1000 questions a day (between exam master and the AAPA book, the NCCPA practice tests, etc). I scored quite well on the PANCE so this tactic worked well. Although I agree that the questions on exam master are often more complex than we need to know, there were probably about 10-12 questions on the PANCE that I knew ONLY because I had seen them on exam master. It's a great way to pace yourself so you can get used to sitting still and answering questions without mental fatigue. Besides, there's only so many ways to ask the same question so familiarity helps. Good luck!

• Administrator

My advice: DON'T use Exam Master.

ExamMaster questions are too long, too involved, and do not accurately represent the PANCE at all. They're recycled USMLE questions, as far as I can tell. Per the above advice, PACKRATs, NCCPA practice tests, and the Zarbock/O'Connell question banks were the best, most representative PANCE practice questions.

• Administrator
I think you'd be better off getting PAEasy. I've heard great things and am planning to use it when I take the PANRE.

So who did you hear this from? Because either they've completely overhauled it in the last year, or your source is wrong. PAEasy had a HUGE error rate--about 5% of their questions were outright WRONG. They have a great interface and tracking system, but the questions have logic errors, coding errors, explanation errors, that are so stupid and obvious it's unforgivable that they actually sold the product.

I put in at least 50 corrections, all submitted by the same school email address I still use. Not one has ever been acknowledged, and in the months that I used PAEasy (it was school-provided), I came back to the same wrong answers again and again. My peers (again, school provided) had similar experiences. Our academic coordinator told us that the vendor had told her that our school was sending in more comments than anyone else, so they were definitely getting our feedback... but round filing it.

PAEasy does NOT deserve your money. If it were the only question bank in the world, and if I could use it for free, I WOULD NOT use it for my PANRE in 5 years.

So who did you hear this from? Because either they've completely overhauled it in the last year, or your source is wrong. PAEasy had a HUGE error rate--about 5% of their questions were outright WRONG. They have a great interface and tracking system, but the questions have logic errors, coding errors, explanation errors, that are so stupid and obvious it's unforgivable that they actually sold the product.

I put in at least 50 corrections, all submitted by the same school email address I still use. Not one has ever been acknowledged, and in the months that I used PAEasy (it was school-provided), I came back to the same wrong answers again and again. My peers (again, school provided) had similar experiences. Our academic coordinator told us that the vendor had told her that our school was sending in more comments than anyone else, so they were definitely getting our feedback... but round filing it.

PAEasy does NOT deserve your money. If it were the only question bank in the world, and if I could use it for free, I WOULD NOT use it for my PANRE in 5 years.

Thanks, rev ronin! I heard it from multiple classmates that used it and a friend who graduated from a different PA program where they provided a free subscription. I have some time before taking the PANRE so I guess I'll reevaluate in a few years. I thought PACKRATs were very helpful, but want more computer based questions for next time. I bought the Lange Q&A book and had some issues with some of their answers so I stopped using it and went back to the PACKRATs.

ExamMaster for me as well, the questions are more challenging than what you'll see on the boards, but by the time you've finished one vignette from an Exam master question, one question has turned into 5, was the best way for me to study... I scored 60's -70's on most EM tests and did well on the boards.... PA Easy is just that, I thought the questions were easier and shorter in length than anything I saw on the boards and plus as others have said, there are errors

• 2 years later...

Archived