Time it took to verifiy your application

Submission date: May 7

Complete date: May 13 (I had to pay by money order because of the partial fee waiver, so it wasn't complete until they got my money order in the mail)

Verified: May 20

Mailed: June 7

Activity from schools thus far: one school sent an e-mail to verify receipt of application. Other than that, nothing

Submission date: May 7

Complete date: May 13 (I had to pay by money order because of the partial fee waiver, so it wasn't complete until they got my money order in the mail)

Verified: May 20

Mailed: June 7

Activity from schools thus far: one school sent an e-mail to verify receipt of application. Other than that, nothing

I will add my activity from schools thus far: 4 schools (out of 9) confirmed application received and supplemental received (when I finished them). Otherwise, nothing.

I just submitted mine this morning! WOOT WOOT! It says they are currently working on the 6/1 apps. So I guess I'll check back around the 1st of July. Schools can see your app online while it's being verified, correct? If they were interested at all would I maybe get an email or letter with their expressed interest?

Completed: 6/6/13

Verified: 6/18/13

Mailed: TBD

It definitely seems like CASPA is getting things verified before the date that's posted on the website, by a good amount!

Where is the like button? :) Good luck!

From what I recall on their website it said they mail out batches on wednesday (I think). So I'm thinking yours should be mailed out in a few days.

This is from CASPA FAQ:

Once “mailing” for the cycle begins, applications are grouped by CASPA into weekly batches which are downloaded by your PA programs electronically. Once your GPA is calculated, your application is placed in the next batch. Batches are cut off first thing Wednesday morning, so those verified after this cutoff will be grouped into the following week’s batch. Applications that made the cut will see their status changed to “MAILED” by end of business on Wednesday. Applications who make the Wednesday mailing batch are downloaded by the PA programs on Monday morning.

Good luck everyone!

Thanks for starting this thread, original poster!

I would suggest that all PA applicants get their CASPA materials in early. The Indiana University PA program has many applications "In Progress" but only a few, so far, in "complete" or "mailed" status. Please allow at least 4 weeks to move from "Received" to "Completed," and perhaps more for "Verified." Our program requires applications to be in "Completed" status by our application deadline of October 1. Please be sure to check what status is required for each program to which you're applying!

And good luck!

Josh Morrison

Director, Student Enrollment Services

IU Physician Assistant Program, Indianapolis

Woke up to a lovely email from CASPA, stating my application has been verified!

Submission Date: 6/10/13

Verification Date: 6/18/13

Mailed to Schools Date: TBD

wow! lucky you! i submitted mine a few days after yours (06/14/2013) with nothing pending, everything completed and turned in. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it won't take the whole 3 weeks for them to verify it.

The only thing I wonder is, why the caspa bar says currently verifying : 06/02/2013 and applicants such as yourself who submitted it after that date got verified quicker.

any ideas anyone?

My guess is that they're some how hung up so to speak on some applications from earlier dates (having trouble verifying part of it or classifying something, I don't know) so that they're working on applications past that date but haven't technically completed that date yet... I just pulled that out of a hat, though, so it may not be the case at all.

Archived