File Score

I saw that. However, I don't think my file score will be competitive enough to pass the test (I scored low on the verbal section of the GRE!), which is why I wanted the low end cut offs. I think I might just save my $55 by not filling out the graduate school application.

Best of luck to you.

~M

I believe the file score was first set at 4.85. They had to lower as time went on to interview more applicants who better fit the program needs/goals.

I almost didn't apply thinking my file score was not competitive enough and didn't want to spend the excess money. I was granted an interview after the original file score had been dropped and took one of the final interview slots. I was accepted and start in August :)

The school does a good job of informing you of the process and where your application stands. And in the grand scheme of things the $55 fee isn't that much more than another school's supplemental application fee.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It is pretty sad that with a 3.91gpa I will prob not get in if I get worse than 60% on both sections of the GRE. Too bad they don't care about clinical experience. I have over 10k hours. :(. They should drop the file score (hopefully for all of us)!

Bo-, The file score will drop... probably more than once. I think it did atleast twice last year maybe three times. I was also one of the last to be interviewed last year and got in.  I can tell you that you have a better GPA and higher GRE scores than I did.  Just because they are going to interview a bunch of people with high file scores doesn't mean any of them are any good.

My file score is 4.8. I will have a 3.91 pre-req GPA and unfortunately my GRE's are in the 40th percentile and my writing is in the high 50th percentile. We will see. I have submitted my CASPA and it is completed. It should be varified in the next week and mailed to the 3 programs I have designated. Thanks for the faith Aleech! I also have 9000 of paid clinical experience and fantastic LORs. I just hope I get a chance to have an interview.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just FYI, by re-taking the GRE after working though one of those Kaplan GRE practice test and strategy books (much cheaper than taking a class), I was able to substantially improve by GRE scores/percentiles, and thus my file score for Idaho State.  I previously had a 49% for Verbal and 35% in Quant (I didn't prepare much at all, as I was trying to just take the GRE before the scoring system changed, as scores wouldn't be able to be reported for about 2 months), but placed in the 81% and 69% this time around.  Although this required a good amount of time to study, as well as money to re-take the test, it did make the difference between being invited for an interview and not.  I hope you get a chance to interview as well, but just in case you aren't, you still have some options!

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say I am very dissapointed with the service and admissions process at ISU. My CASPA was verified and submitted to them at the end of September and I submitted my secondary application on October 1st. I was informed my secondary application had been canceled and I needed to submit a new one. It took the school a month to process my refund after I called three times inquiring.

Then my transcripts were lost and I had to resend them. More money wasted.

I finally got a confirmation email on November 5th and a second email stating the filing score for this year. By then I had been accepted to a different school which was higher on my list, so I was not as upset as I would have been otherwise.

If you are not serious about this school save yourself the $55 from the application fee. The file score says nothing about applicants and their skills. I am happy with the school I will be attending because they actually take the time to revise applications and they treat you as a person not a filing score.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived