Touro Manhattan Interview/acceptance 2014 cycle

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I have an interview tomorrow (Feb 10). Does anyone else have an interview tomorrow? Also, did some of you already interview there? How's the school like? What questions can they ask. Thanks for any response :)

Hi,

Good Luck with your interview.

This thread has been pretty quiet lately.

.I have an interview next week.. Let us know how it goes..:-)

Again good Luck!!!

What are your stats?

Thanks.

Hi,

Good Luck with your interview.

This thread has been pretty quiet lately.

.I have an interview next week.. Let us know how it goes..:-)

Again good Luck!!!

What are your stats?

Thanks.

Thankyou :) and I have a 3.55 Science GPA with 50 shadowing hours from a P.A and 25 from an M.D. I have volunteered at both the hospital and a clinic so have approximately 800 hours.

I interviewed on the tenth and was accepted today. The interview is 6 eight minute interviews with different faculty. It's very situational and make sure you know what a PA is/does!

Congratulations on your acceptance

How many other applicants were there ?

Is there a campus tour?

Thanks!

I hate the MMI model!!! I don't understand why everyones going that way... I feel like I never do well bc it's hard to have a good interview in such a short time! I like to build some side rapport during an interview and make a connection with the staff.. it's an interview for me just as it is for them.  In my prior MMI experience, I walked away feeling I didn't do well and additionally, didn't take away much from the program.  Not at allll my favorite interview format.

As far as having to meet with more than one group during the interview, here is a positive side to it. As we were told right before we went into our respective interviewers, sometimes you just don't click with a specific interviewer and the entire experience can go downhill from there. Especially considering the fact that almost all admissions have multiple staff interviewing prospective students. It's almost luck of the draw that any one interviewee will get the "good" interviewer. In Touro's scenario the playing field is leveled as everyone is interviewed by the entire staff. It worked for me :-)

Archived