Touro Manhattan Interview/acceptance 2014 cycle

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@prepa..i dont have much info about this school..but it seems like a decent program and plus i like the schedule of the classes.

@rwww..i have seen through other threads that they accept people throughout the cycle. Let us know how it goes with bayshore..i am applying to pace, and other touro campsus..still trying to decide which other schools to apply.hopefully we all will make it! Its going to be a stressful year until we get accepted. Lets keep hopes up!!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Quick question guys, I'm thinking about applying to all 3 campuses . Am I required to pay 3 supplemental application fees ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

From what I understand, you only need to pay one fee. Also, at the open house seminar they made it clear that applying to more than one program would not increase your chances of admission- she said that if you are rejected from one, you will be rejected from all and usually they submit your application to your first choice and take it from there. You may want to double check with someone on that!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Interviewed in Oct , and got acceptance email this week! Manhattan campus...met most of the staff/professors during the interview, and was blown away about how orderly and thoughtful they were, no doubt a huge factor in their 100% pass pance rate. I will be accepting their seat without any reservations.

Good luck to all of you all still in the process, and share if you got accepted as well....so we can start a group and discuss all things touro/classes

Stats:

Touro undergrad GPA 3.2

Science GPA (immunology, biochem, cell and mollec bio, inor I & II, bio I & II, micro, AP I & II, Endocrinology) 3.4

EMT-B for 6 years approx 2,000 hours.

200 hours shadowing PA

50 hours non healthcare related community volunteering 

Published in scientific journal

applied to SUNY and TOURO

Still awaiting SUNY response. (reapplied, was wait-listed previous year)

Some words of encouragement for those that need it:

I am not the Ivy League 4.0 or even 3.8 gpa student (as you can tell) but for what I lacked in perfect grades, I made up for with hard work and dedication.  Also, I made sure to communicate to the interviewers that I was more than capable of handling the work load (their biggest concern) and just how badly I wanted this and wouldn't settle for anything less - regardless of any possible setbacks. Once you get that interview, just be real and let your passion show.

GOOD LUCK!

Archived