Trouble getting started...

So how did the process start? Your personal statement is your story of how you came to know you wanted to be a PA. So tell what lead up to the decision. The good part is you do not have only one shot at this, you can rewrite as many times as necessary. Sit down, start typing and see what you come up with. Then rewrite and rewrite and rewrite. I have rewritten mine 8 times in the last week.

Yes, I agree with frenchy. I have not only rewritten it 15 times, but I've been thinking about writing this essay for 7 months ... I finally sat down and I asked myself first, what motivates me. After I saw the whole page filled I was able to come up with stories and put things together. Try that first "what motivates me to be a PA" it doesn't have to be sentences. Hope that helps! Good luck and don't wait too long either.

You don't have to be melodramatic. Sit down and think how you got through those tough hours studying for tests and what kept you motivated throughout your journey. In fact, some of the best essays aren't very dramatic at all, but honest and to the point. Don't be intimidated by statements that seem to have one half of the character count devoted to a flashy introduction. When in doubt, reread the prompt, "Describe your motivation in becoming a PA". Be original. I would recommend doing what the others have said. Sit down and just write without stopping. You can do it!

Archived