2013 Application Cycle

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey guys congratulations to everyone that has been accepted to the program and those who have been granted an interview. I applied July 28 but have not heard anything. is anyone else in the same predicament? I am extremely anxious and nervous every single day. Is it likely that i got rejected if i have not heard anything yet? so many of you have gotten interviews and have been accepted. I am freaking out!!

Hey all I had an interview on Nov 2nd and was not selected for admission. While I can't say for sure why, it was likely not my GPA, recommendations or work experience. However, I was the weirdo sitting alone most of the day. I would say, word to the wise, do NOT sit alone, especially while eating your sandwich, do not cross out your essay question then rewrite one and draw an arrow pointing to the new essay (paragraph) in the box you drew around it, do not participate in arguments regarding foreign fruit with presenting alumni, and do not ask if they allow the $70k SIM mannequin to projectile vomit.          

Pacific is a great school from what I have known (I am dating alumni and worked with a few as well). I am guessing I may likely not be a personality match for them but hard to say as all us from Hawaii receive interviews (an admissions advantage, if you do not do those aforementioned things...though they may just not have liked my app in which case flying from Hawaii to interview but not actually being competitive sounds like a disadvantage...financially). Good luck to the future applicants/interviewees though! Next year I will def put more of a game face on. Or at least try to have non-awkward conversation!

I interviewed the 2nd and got the call for acceptance the wednesday after. Super excited as this is my #1 school choice! My advice (even though they don't tell you right away how you did) is to stay calm and be yourself, but always remember to be professional as well! Advice on the written is that my guess is they are looking at the maturity of your answer, but mostly looking at if you can write a concise paper in a short amount of time.

Good luck to all interviewing or applying still! I look forward to meeting the entering class next year!

Hey Bartom congratulations on you acceptance. Could you please share you experience on the essay that they make you write? or is it confidential? is it a random topic or about yourself. I get anxious writing under pressure so it would be nice to know the process a little more in detail. how was the interview process overall? I would really appreciate if you could share the information. That's of course only i you are allowed. 

Thank you

Good luck to those interviewing on the 16th, I was not scheduled to be there as a second year student ambassador for the 16th, however I will be there for the interviews on the 7th of Dec! I have a close connection to those interviewing in Dec cause thats when I interviewed! :)

Akuma10- to answer your question it is one interview with typically a combination of a faculty member and community PA (usually an alumni) (it could also be two faculty... it just depends on the circumstances) Hope that helps!

DJ

The essay is really just to see how well you can compose a coherent thought without the help of a computer. Our question had nothing to do with the PA profession. Use it as an opportunity to show the adcom more of your personality and what you're passionate about. My essay barely filled the front portion of the page so don't worry about being too wordy.

I thought they were doing one each in Oct, Nov and Dec so I guess seeing all the posts threw me off. Also, my email on 10/10 said my application was being considered and that the last date I would hear from them could be mid-December. So does that mean a 4th interview session may be possible (because they mentioned that applicants would be notified at least 2-3 weeks in advance for an interview)? I am still awaiting some news...

I am not sure if they will be adding a 4th date. They only had 3 interview dates last year with the last one being on Dec 1.

I was initially invited for Nov 2 but had to reschedule and Nov 16 and Dec 7 were my only other choices.

But you never know what will happen. Plus there's still time to be invited for the Dec date.

Its only 3 interviews as far as I was told on the 16th. I hope you get an interview notice on the 7th. Its a wonderful school.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

I thought they were doing one each in Oct, Nov and Dec so I guess seeing all the posts threw me off. Also, my email on 10/10 said my application was being considered and that the last date I would hear from them could be mid-December. So does that mean a 4th interview session may be possible (because they mentioned that applicants would be notified at least 2-3 weeks in advance for an interview)? I am still awaiting some news...

Zuri223 - I am guessing that those of us who received the email on 10/10 are in the second tier and won't get invitations to interview unless all of the first choice applicants decline their invitations or cancel because of being accepted at another school. 

Archived