How many schools to apply to?

Thank you for your input! I also have ~500 hours volunteering with young women who were victims of sex trafficking/exploitation which I left out. I definitely feel more comfortable now that you think I'll be accepted to Western.

I'm not a 7th Day Adventists so I've got that working against me. When I asked about my HCE Loma Linda basically just said "probably but maybe not - depends on the admissions committee" so I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Makes sense that you haven't heard of MBKU because they are a developing program with their first PA class starting Fall 2014. Located in Fullerton, CA on the Southern CA College of Optometry campus.

Also thank you for recommending the other schools, but I'm not interested with any certificate only programs or schools that require over a 2 year curriculum. Plus didn't take the GRE for USC.

Also thank you for recommending the other schools, but I'm not interested with any certificate only programs or schools that require over a 2 year curriculum.

FYI, RRC and SJVC are not certificate only programs. They are both taught at JCs, but have a MMSc (Masters of Medical Science) option, for those accepted with a bachelors degree.

Anytime. That's a shame, RCC is probably one of the strongest programs in CA and the least expensive that also offers a masters ($25k for the AA or $32k with the masters included). Had I not of been accepted to PA school this past application cycle I would have applied there (I wasn't at 2k hours of HCE yet so never got a chance to apply).

As for the program in Fullerton, that's the first I've heard of it. I know that West Coast University and Charles Drew University were opening PA programs. I never heard of MBKU. And Fullerton is my stomping grounds / alma mater. Either way just be careful because one thing to consider when evaluating PA programs and their first time PANCE pass rates. You'll be the ginuea pig for the program. There's some threads here and you can feel free to speak to some forum members who were the first class of their perspective PA programs about their experience, frustrations, and outcomes.

Either way I wish you the best of luck.

Archived