Interviews

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's how I took it, I emailed Janet to confirm but am still awaiting response. I just want some kind of certainty before spending the money to reapply but I would also like to submit my application as soon as possible if I'm not getting in, as I'm sure that is the way most feel at this point.

The military scholarship is called the HPSP in the AF and in the Navy they have the HSCP and HPSP. We had a guy in our class who did it. It really comes down to the quota for the branch.  The branches normally find out in June for the next fiscal year how many slots they will have.  Last year the AF had no slots for HPSP, but they had about 15 slot for the Navy's HSCP last year.  HSCP isn't as great as HPSP unless your a prior. HSCP they pay you BAH, BAS, and direct pay as an E-6 and from your money you pay the school.  Note that you are consider active reserve and get full tricare and your time counts towards your time in rate for retirement. The HPSP they pay the school directly and they pay you a striped of 2100 some, but you have to pay tax on it. Note that your time in school doesn't count for time in rate. I was in the Navy and my friend was the recruiter who handled all this stuff.  I also use to have a friend who handled the paper work in DC for HPSP scholarship for the Navy.  he made sure that that all the students got paid and all their paper work is handed to the board for review on who gets the scholarship.

From what I understand there are no military scholarships for PA school. The most I've been offered is loan repayment after graduating and commission as an O1, O2 after 6 months. The military will pay you a monthly stipend for medical school though.

If there's no scholarship, then what did I get? :P

• 2 weeks later...

Archived