Interviews

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey guys, I'm the guy from Vegas.If Janet doesn't call me this week I think I may be done.

Hope she calls me tomorrow.

Hi Eddie, keep your head up man. You were selected for an interview so you already beat out many other applicants. You were also there interviewing EARLY, which is another good sign. Also, sorry I had to leave while you were still interviewing. Good luck to you!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys I am a current student and if you get accepted into PA school.  Make sure to have your Hep B shots done.  Note they take 6 mo to do in a three series way.  I have friends in the program who had to go through hoops to start the program with compliance with immunization.  So if you don't have a Hep B shot yet I would start the process if you plan on attending a school.  This year we had to had our shots done by Aug 15th.

Unless something has drastically changed, Drexel can notify you of your acceptance as late as March of the year you plan to enroll.  Just because you don't get a quick call back or early admission decision doesn't mean you're not in.  So don't freak out.  Yes, the not knowing is frustrating.  But all is not lost.

Drexel will typically conduct interviews well into winter.  A few applicants will get an early admission decision and phone call shortly after their interview.  But because their interview process takes so many months to complete their class is not finally determined until Spring.  Notifications of acceptance for the majority of the incoming class don't go out until late winter/early spring.  Even then, some seats will be offered to candidates who choose other programs keeping seats open and delaying the notification period for another candidate.

So, as hard as it is to be patient, please be patient.  They will let you know.

All the best to those of you applying. 

• 3 weeks later...

I still haven't heard anything either. I'm really worried knowing that someone did receive a call last night from our interview group :-/ getting super nervous. This is my second year interviewing at Drexel.

I'm a little nervous, but I felt like my interview went well.  Although, from what I've gauged its hard to judge how the interviewers felt about it.  Also, the timeframe in which they notify different individuals seems a bit sporadic so I'll probably sweat a bit more if I don't hear anything in the next 2-3 weeks.  Do you know how long it typically took last year for accepted applicants to hear?  And I'm sure if you think your interview went well and you've gained more experience, etc. since last year's interview you will be fine.  I can't imagine the committee bringing back an applicant for a second interview if they didn't truly believe the applicant could fit into the program.

Guys, read this post from page two of this thread.

That's the general message that was buzzing around the day of the interview as well, but two recent graduates of the program I've spoken with stated that if you don't hear within approx. 3 weeks your chances are slim; so it's tough to navigate through all of the different opinions you hear.  Do you give any credence to what the graduates stated?  I take it you are a graduate of the program as well, so I would certainly like to heed your advice as the most accurate (haha).  Thanks!

Hey Guys! My name is Kim and I am a current PA student at Drexel. I actually started the program with a 6 month old daughter and my husband went to Drexels PA program, so he works as a PA and takes 24 hour call. Now that we have figured out a routine that works with all that going on, I will be taking a Leave of Absence so that I will now be in your class! So if you have ANY questions about the program, feel free to ask. :) Also, is there a FB group of accepted students yet? Can't wait to get to know all of you!

Archived