Interviews

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

My application went out with the first mailing, too. I have recieved receipt of application, along with an inquiry about when I was planning to take genetics (I haven't taken it yet because they're the only school that requires it, so I was taking the more common prerequisites first.) That's as far as it's gotten.

Hi Hooper3e23! Here is my timeline: I e-submitted my application to CASPA on 9/24/2012 (yes, pretty late!:)). Drexel notified me that they received my application on 10/24/2012. On 12/19/2012 they sent me an invitation for an interview that were to take place on 01/11/2013. I interviewed on 01/11 and got an acceptance call at the end of January, 2013. Hope it helps!

What was the interview like?

I had an interview with two faculty members and another interview with a current first year student. My interview seemed more like a conversation than just question and answer like at some other PA Schools that I interviewed. Just relax and sell yourself. You should believe that they need you.

Sounds good, thanks a lot. I take it you were a member of the first "wave" of applicants? My application was sent during the second mailing.

keithap 4: I received a confirmation letter of receipt of application from Drexel June 21st. I received a invitation to interview August 16th just today!

• 2 weeks later...
I was wondering if people who received interviews would feel comfortable sharing stats? I got my application sent out mid July and was wondering if I am in the running for a interview. Thanks

Sure I will share my stats.

Cumulative Undergrad GPA = 3.87

Science GPA = 3.86

BCP (biology, chemistry, physics) GPA = 3.82 I never took physics though

Total Patient Care Experience = approx 4,500 hrs direct (mostly in Emergency Department but in other work and volunteer capacities as well)

Total Other Health Care Experience = approx 1,000 hrs

Shadowing = 3 different PA's for a total of about 24 hours

Rcreek: Thanks for sharing, congrats on the interview! If you don't mind me asking, is this the first year you applied to PA school?

Yes it is my first year and hopefully, my ONLY year applying. I was going to apply last year, but the timing was not right. I decided that waiting patiently one more year to get more experience, volunteering, shadowing, a genetics class under my belt, and take advantage of my wife's job promotion for our finances would be helpful. We also knew we would have another baby, which we did.

GOT MY ACCEPTANCE CALL TODAY!!! yay :) janet was so wonderful. I can't stop hyperventilating. im so excited.

I missed a call from Janet cause I was working a busy shift in the ED till midnight... she left a message to call her back, now I have to wait till tomorrow!

Archived