Letter of recommendation reminder

I asked a PA that I've known for 5 years for a letter of recommendation back in March. We've been in contact about twice a month since then. I sent him all the information he asked for including putting his information into CASPA. I'd like to send in my app ASAP, but I'm waiting on his letter. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to a polite prodding to get things rolling. I'm not sure how to attack this as he was my coworker and paramedic instructor; I feel like I'm straddling the line of professional and friendly.

I recently had to do this for a professor. Rather than asking him if he had written my LOR yet I just asked him if had received the email from CASPA...he told me he did receive it but completely forgot and he ended up writing it and submitting it the following day.

I had a similar situation with a professor. I sent a hybrid of the above two suggestions, saying "Just wanted to make sure you received the email from CASPA! I am getting excited about sending my application in by (this date) so that I can make the rolling admissions deadline for (this school)! Thanks for writing me a letter!" Or something like that.

Archived