At the time of my application (July) I will have by my estimate a 3.065 cGPA, 3.5 sGPA, 4.0 science pre-req GPA, and ~2000 hrs. as an ER tech and EMT-B. I scored a total of 307 on the math/verbal but a measly 3.0 on the writing section. I'm not a horrible writer but I do struggle to articulate my thoughts on paper efficiently -- case in point, this post is taking me much longer to write than it should.

Many schools I plan on applying to require the GRE, with at least one of them requiring a minimum of a 4.0 on the writing portion. I guess my question is: Will a 3.0 on the writing section deter adcoms from seriously considering my application?

Oh jeeze most schools couldn't give a flying *$&@&@ about the writing score. Heck, most schools don't really care about the other scores either. If you do incredibly it can help, if you do really horrible it can hurt. Otherwise, it is just a hoop to jump through.

Archived