GRE score for PA schools

How much will a 290 GRE 145 Q/145 V act as a deterrent or is it obviously just one part of my application? I don't feel like retaking it, I didn't study well for it, and I believe the minimum for most school is 300, while some being 290 as the cutoff while many not specifying - prob use it to weed people out of course.

Did you take any practice GRE test? If so, how were you scoring on the practice test? I would assume that the GRE will weed you out of some schools but not all. For example, my friend did horrible on the GRE, I believe he scored 890 or something like that. His GPA was about 3.7, great letters of recommendations, and probably under 500 clinical hours. He was still able to get 1 interview and later accepted into the program.

If I was in your shoes I would probably retake the GRE or apply to schools that DO NOT require the GRE.

You know it's used to "weed people out" and you got a bad score, but you don't "feel like" retaking it? Are you fine with being weeded out?

That's what it sounds like; either that or you're put off by the effort involved in retaking and doing well. That same effort is required in PA school (no matter if the school requires the GRE), so I would start working on it now if you're serious about this as a profession.

Archived