New Grad Job Seeking in Philadelphia

Hello, I am about to graduate in August and I am set on moving to Philadelphia (Already have apartment in Center City). I am finding the job hunt pretty difficult. The major hospital systems seem to want more experience than a new grad at the moment. Any tips on job hunting in philadelphia or the surrounding areas? Anyone know of any job openings? I've been job searching and applying for months so any help would be greatly appreciated!

HUP usually advertises for a new position for what seems at least once per week, they hire new grads (but don't expect to start so soon). Other than that, I would move into surrounding suburbs out west. Also I would apply for NJ and DE licenses, this opens up a lot more for you. Took me 3 months to land a job (with no connections).

Philadelphia is already a pretty saturated PA market. You have 5 schools either in the city or within 45 minutes to an hour from the city. I went to school there and most of my class mates who are still in the city got their jobs from offers they got either on rotations or from connections they made on their rotations. with that being said I agree that HUP and Jefferson seems to advertise a good amount of jobs, look at the smaller city hospitals and the hospitals just over the river in Camden, NJ (Cooper, Our Lady or Lourdes Medical Center). Be warned though getting a NJ state license is a time consuming process.

• 9 months later...

I hope you were able to find something....

Philadelphia is one of the most saturated healthcare markets in the country due to the prevalence of training programs there and throughout the Northeast.  

HospitalRecruiting.com is a job board where only in-house recruiters can post jobs.  We do have Philadelphia Physician Assistant jobs available from time to time.

http://www.hospitalrecruiting.com/jobs/Physician-Assistant-Jobs/Pennsylvania/

Archived