Just got my phone call...I'm officially accepted to NOVA Ft. Lauderdale for summer 2014!  I'm so stoked!  Anyone else that has heard back please let me know :) can't wait to meet everyone!

Hey :) I think we were at the same interview in the morning on 9/16 I got my call.....IM IN :) 

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just set up my interview for Nov. 21!!! :) I do not think they have filled all the seats yet. Last year I submitted VERY late (app mailed in Dec. due to no HCE hours) and I received an interview in February for the wait-list, after which, I was wait listed. I'm super nervous about this interview!!!! :) WHen I spoke to Judy a couple of months ago, she told me that they had only asked those with a 3.4 GPA and above in both Sci and overall, but that I was still in the running for an interview and to just hold tight. If you have not received a rejection letter, consider yourself in the running! :)

Apparently my original post was misleading. Lol! I meant to say that they originally started with 3.4 and above for both, but since then, have started to invite outside of this narrow span of applicants. I had a 3.5 overall and 3.2 sci with over 1500 HCE and I was a varsity athlete throughout my collegiate career. 

I actually changed my date to Nov 4th. I am super excited! Any more questions feel free to ask.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my acceptance call! :) Interviewed Monday and heard around 10:30 this morning. Super excited! Was bummed I didn't get in last year, but the wait was worth it!!!!

Hi amonden!  You had mentioned in an earlier post that you didn't submit your application until December last year and still received an interview.  Did Judy or anyone mention this  time around how the interview process was working this cycle?  Will they still offer interviews in December, January and February?  Not sure if they said anything  about how full this class is..

If you don't mind me asking, when did you submit your supplemental this time around and how long did it take to hear about an interview? Thanks!

Hi amonden!  You had mentioned in an earlier post that you didn't submit your application until December last year and still received an interview.  Did Judy or anyone mention this  time around how the interview process was working this cycle?  Will they still offer interviews in December, January and February?  Not sure if they said anything  about how full this class is..

If you don't mind me asking, when did you submit your supplemental this time around and how long did it take to hear about an interview? Thanks!

I had my application sent out in early December last year and then had my secondary application sent out as soon as I received it. Probably around 2 weeks later. I don't imagine that they would change their interview processes this year, but I am not part of the admissions here. When I interviewed in February, during the interview they told us that they have rolling admissions, and at the time, we were interviewing only for the accept-hold (wait) list. I have no way of knowing how full the class is at this point, but the students told us that my interview was still pretty early.

I submitted my supplemental mid June or early July, I cannot really remember. I did not receive my interview invite e-mail until about 3 weeks ago. At the time, the earliest interview available was on November 21, but I kept looking to see if an earlier interview opened up, and found one for last Monday.

Let me know if you have any more questions. I am more than happy to help. 

Good luck to you,

Aleia

Hello everyone, 

I received an acceptance call this Friday but I was unavailable and a voicemail was left. I was so excited when I called back to leave a voicemail that I could not utter anything coherent... I hope they don't rescind their invitation base on that call because I have yet to receive documentation - albeit it was Friday late afternoon. It was my first interview and fist choice - well, either Davie or Fort Myers would have been 1a and 1b. I had an issue with the supplemental application process with Fort Myers, which is why they still have not reviewed my application. I am elated I got accepted in Davie. 

Good luck to everyone applying and I look forward to meeting those of you who will be attending school in Davie. I interviewed  Nov 4 and I was really NERVOUS because I really worked hard over that pass couple of years and I would have been depressed had I not gotten in. I have several upcoming out of stated interviews but I think I will pass. 

Archived