Advise Please!!!

Hi All,

I am in need of some advice. I am kinda down in the dumps right now. I am currently in summer classes, and registered for my final semester of undergraduate before I hopefully enter a PA program next year (May 2014). I feel as if thought I am a very competitive applicant, but I now having something that really puts a dampener on my application....My GRE score. I have spend the past 2 months studying really hard and was consistently getting 150 verbal, 155 Quant. Which i was very pleased with. I took the test today, and felt really good about it....until my scores popped up on the screen...146 Quant, 145 Verbal. I almost threw up in my seat. I am trying to decide if I want to retake the GRE...I just felt so good about the test, and don't know how much better I could do since I felt so good about it...I was really bummed out. Attached is my prereq. Work....What do you guys think?? Retake or Submit as is????

Bio 1- B

Bio 2- A

Bio 2 Lab-A

Cell Bio- A

Genetics- A

Pathophysiology- A

A&PI- A

Lab-A

A&PII-A

Lab-A

Psychology-A

Gen Chem 1- B

Lab-A

Gen Chem 2- C

Lab- A

Organic- A

Lab- A

College Algebra- A

Statistics-A

Biochemistry- In progress

Microbiology w/ Lab- In progress

Medical Terminology- In progress

Cumulative GPA -3.8

Pt. Care.- >1,000 hours working as a EMT-B providing 911 services

Shadowing- Around 50 hours. One in Family Practice, One in Oncology.

What do you guys think??? Retake it or submit as is??? sadface.pngsadface.pngsadface.png

Submit for sure. I saw the breakdown at one school and the gre was either 5 or 10% of their total evaluation-- basically nothing. I would be more concerned about the c in gen chem since a number of schools require a b- or higher in prereq classes. When you are doing your app, just make sure the school doesn't require greater than 300 and no minimum prereq grade if they include gen chem and you'll be set. I agree you are a competitive applicant. Good luck!

Your overall looks really good. If you're applying for May of 2014, you have time to retake the test once more. With that being said, I don't think it is necessary pending a solid personal narrative and LORs. I would advise you spend whatever free time you have racking up more healthcare hours. It'll increase the number of schools where you would be considered a competitive applicant.

Thanks everybody.

My original plan was to retake Gen Chem II this summer, but almost every school I am looking at has told me not to worry about it. Therefore I am planning to work as much as possible this summer to further increase my HCE hours. Does anybody remember the processing time for the GRE? I am hoping to be submitted by Aug.1st-15th and trying to figure out what day I should plan on taking it again, if thats what it comes down to. Still feel like I blew a hole in my application today but hopefully everything will work itself out.

Thanks again.

Just finish strong on the in progress courses, get all the HCE you can stomach (and then get some more) and apply! I was able to apply with a (what I considered low GRE score) and be accepted to a school that required the test. You just never know. Please, DO NOT FORGET the first sentence! Most critical in the process!!

Good luck!

Hey there,

I would go ahead and apply to your PA schools. I also did not do very well on my GRE. Most PA schools I applied to did not even require it. I got interviews about half of the programs I applied to (6 interviews, 12 applications) and was accepted into several. No one brought up my GRE. I have a very strong background like yourself. Beyond your background, the interview process is based on whether or not your personality matches with the program. Don't stress. You will get in somewhere, and keep reapplying if you need to. Be confident and enjoy your last semester!!

Hello,

friends.I am here to suggest you a very good website to help you for finding jobs. These web site is very help full for freshers. You can find full information about Job and its location and address. These web sites give you all details about jobs. There are many jobs in all fields with full information and details. for more details please click hereFresher Job

Just got my scores from ETS. I am planning to retake in August. I want to submit by August 1st so should I go ahead and have these scores sent to CASPA that way schools have something and then just put my plan to retake date on CASPA so they can see that I am planning to retake it? I could then resend scores from the test center once I am done taking the test correct??? Thanks for all the advise

Archived