Savannah class starting Jan 2014

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ Payald: Not even a confirmation email about receiving your application? When you say weeks, how many weeks ago? My CASPA application was verified mid-June, got a confirmation email a week after that.

If they don't respond... it seems like your only option is to wait...

BTW. check your junk email

To anyone applying to South University, is it required to submit FASFA BEFORE knowing you are accepted? Or must you submit it regardless as part of the admissions process?

At the interview there was a presentation in regards to financial aid. You will receive an e-mail/paperwork once you are accepted as to when to file for aid. It was stressed during this presentation that it is important to complete everything in the time frames provided (not too early OR too late) because that may cause additional paperwork needed to be filed.

Congrats to all of you that have received interviews and acceptances! I have a quick question in concerns to August interviews. Does anyone know if all the invitations have been sent for the next month? So far, I only see one post concerning an invitation. Any insight? Thanks in advance and good luck to all! :)

iAnDyi86 - caspa verified and mailed out my applications last week of june/first week of july. i tried to call 3 different people, left voice mails, and even sent an email..no response. It's just strange to me because I applied to the one in Tampa too, and they received my stuff a while back. It isn't in my junk mail.. I'm just worried this will delay my application being reviewed. :\

I am a little disappointed in the way SU handles their screening process or at least administration work. I submitted my CASPA early June and in early July they notified me that I had been disqualified due to missing prereqs. I promptly emailed them asking them which prereqs I was missing since I knew I was not missing any and I got an unusual response. After about an exchange of 10 emails between the administration assistant, they told me I was missing chem and bio labs--which I did take. I showed them my transcript and listed out the course #s and descriptions but after I did that she stopped replying. I am thinking that she made a mistake and did not want to fess up to it. I then proceed to call the office the next morning and not to my surprise, no one picks up. I even left a voice message but no one replied back to me. I emailed her that day asking if she had a chance to review my application once again and the only response was "I hope I can get back with you today". No replies since then.

I am sure that this program offers a great PA education and has wonderful faculty, but I am just disappointed in the way they handle their admission processes when there is an error. It really irks me when someone knows they are in the wrong but does not want to admit it.

tl;dr: SU screwed up my application, did not want to admit it, and I was disqualified as an applicant.

The same thing happened to me, and she luckily emailed me back. I told her the course name, number and what semester i took it - and she said they'l re-review my transcript..we'll see what happens. I feel like all admissions offices are very disorganized, and its just frustrating

Hey alastra! I just received an email yesterday for an interview invite for August 8-9! Are you traveling from out of town? I have to start looking for a hotel now...so excited!

Yes, I'm traveling from Tampa so I will be driving up there. What about you?

Archived