UNT-HSC 2013-2014 Application Cycle

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I received an email in August within a few days of submitting my supplemental application that they want to wait until they receive my fall grades in December prior to making a final decision about my application. It makes me so nervous that the class will be full before they are even able to receive my final transcripts and review my application, but I guess that is better than getting an outright rejection and makes me think there is still hope!

I received the same email!  It's discouraging to hear (especially since I have no outstanding prerequisites), but hopefully we'll get invites to the January interview :)

Good luck Jam3394!

So if you don't get an interview do they send you a rejection letter or do they just not contact you at all?

I applied two years ago and at that time they did send rejection letters. Mine came early in January. Hoping this time around I'll get an interview instead of rejection! Good luck to you!

I received the same email!  It's discouraging to hear (especially since I have no outstanding prerequisites), but hopefully we'll get invites to the January interview :)

I hope we do too! I have already have a MSEd degree so I was actually really surprised to get that kind of email, but I do have three of their pre-reqs currently in progress so I can understand it. I still don't like having to wait though! I've already been accepted to two out of state schools, but I really, really prefer to stay here in Ft. Worth. 

I would like to drop by to give you my experience interviewing last Saturday! First, we had the group discussion. I thought it was very different and unique in a way. My group was very interactive. Everyone spoke and gave their opinions while the PAs will be listening and writing notes. I liked it because it calm my nerves down, and by the time I got to the one on one interview, I wasn't nervous anymore. I was really relaxed and enjoyed my whole time there. Next, we went on into writing an essay. I thought the essay was easy. You're just answering the question and back it up with evidences to strengthen your essay in 20mins. Finally, it was time for the one on one interview. I thought the one on one interview was the easiest part. It was like a conversation to me. Typically questions that you would encounter at every school interviews. I hope this help. I enjoyed my whole time there at UNT. The Gross anatomy lab is awesome!

Hi everyone!

I also interviewed on November 2nd. It was an amazing experience. The faculty and students were great! The one-on-one interview was my favorite part. The faculty really wanted to get to know me. I also enjoyed having lunch with a faculty member and a current student because it made the experience more personal. I did not want the interview day to end! Good luck to everyone. I cannot wait to hear back from UNTHSC!

-Lauren Jewett

I still have not heard anything! My status is still listed as "Complete." Does anyone else have this? I have not even received an email.  Very disheartening :(

I'm with you! There's not much we can do but wait. I contacted admissions office awhile back to ask if I should give a call if I don't hear anything by December but I was told there wasn't much more I could do since the decision is in their hands. Can anyone else confirm or say otherwise??

When you say status is listed as 'complete,' do you mean when you go to check your supplementary  and press search, it says 'complete'? Just double-checking :)

Archived