Hi, My name is Amy. I am applying for the UF PA program beginning in 2014. I have been a registered dietitian for the past 2 years working full time in a hospital. By the time the program begins I will have 3+ years experience. They talk in the prior experience section about direst hands on touching. I do not take vitals or draw blood but am constantly in patients rooms, assessing them and do have contact specially regarding assessing muscle integrity. Will this be enough? All input appreciated:;)):

Amy, I agree. The program coordinator is extremely open to all sorts of health care experience. And honestly 3 years of working in patient rooms must count for something. At a PA information session she spoke about giving partial credit for some experiences. It is worth a giving her a call! Good Luck. Hope we all meet June 2014! OH... I CANT WAIT.

• 1 month later...

FYI - UF seems to love people with nutrition backgrounds - nutrition is such a vital part of our overall health! I don't know if you took the advice of others and contacted the program, but I suggest you just put your RD experience down as direct patient care! If they don't think it's valid, they will figure it out. Also, be sure to put for your dates of employment "(your) start date" to "present" and they will calculate forward how much HCE it adds up to. Good luck!

Archived