Hi, I was wondering if any of you have ever used Livescribe? From what I have read it sounds intriguing. I am always concerned I might miss something in class. I was wondering does it really create an accurate audio recording of a lecture while you are taking notes on the computer? From what I have read it creates a timeline that links your notes and the audio recording so you can go to specific points in the lecture, rather than having to listen to the entire lecture. Sounds cool if it really works.

Hey I used the livescribe echo during my didactic year, and it works better in smaller classrooms and if you sit near the front but I found it to be really helpful. I commuted about an hour and 15 mins each way to the program so that gave me a lot of time to listen to recordings (you can plug headphones directly into the pen). The biggest benefit of the pen is the fact that you can speed up or slow down the lecture. So when you are reviewing and you don't need to hear the lecture speak at note taking pace you can mazimize your review time and you can also jump from note to note mid lecture by just touching the pen back to paper or note pads. If your program does a lot of ppts then i recommend buying the sticky pads instead of the notebooks and just attaching htem to the ppt and writing the titles/main topics of the lectures and the pages that it covers so that way if you have a 30 page ppt on hydration and you want to go over say hyponatremia and its on page 14 all you have to do is touch the pen to the written "hyponatremia" and it will skip the recording to that point. If you aren't going to speed it up or take notes to break up the reccordings then it's probably not worth the money and you can just buy a regular recorder.

Archived