My PANRE was written by Satan.

I took the PANRE today. This is the second time I have taken the PANRE, and this time was much worse than six years ago. For preparation, I used the Comprehensive Review book, the Lange question and answer book, and the Emory CD. I have been studying almost every day since February; MUCH more than I prepared the last time I took the exam. When I left the testing center, I felt.... well, "deflated" might be a good word. I am sure I failed. I kept count of how many questions I flagged, that I wasn't "sure" about, and I am embarrassed to even share that number. Any suggestions on what I can do to prep better for my retake in three months? Hippo? Different books? Find a new career? Thanks for listening; I think I needed to vent a little bit.

I just did my first PANRE - the stress of doing it was unreal. I did Hippo and the 5 day CME Resources course. I had to take a week off to go to the course, and then took another week off to study. Felt like things were going ok until I hit the 4th block and then there were 20 questions in a row that I couldn't answer and it was all I could do to keep myself from having a full on anxiety attack in the test center. I wasn't sure at all what to think.....and then I passed. So a big relief but what a bunch of stress to get there. Good luck

I worked in primary care until about a year ago, then I started working in an acute clinic two months later. Now, I realize in a "Minit-Clinic" we don't see any internal medicine type cases, but I wasn't seeing a lot of the exam topics in primary care either.

• 1 month later...

I just took to PANRE a few hours ago. I feel awful. Their were about 30 questions where I was like...."Where did this come from?" . I did all of HippoPA questions and ExamMaster CD. My average score on HippoPA was 75%-85% and ExamMaster was 65-75%. Why couldn't we be like NP and never have to recert again?

i am going to give mine on tuesday.. hello msjay098.. could please guide me any last minute advises.. i was doing kaplan question bank. doing around 60's some times 70's but today i bought exam master and did 3 blocks .. not great scores. do u think i will blow off the test. is there lot of pharm on the test and do they give generic and trade names. please please respond so i will be taking soon...

Archived